Monday, January 24, 2011

Sacrifice

    SACRIFICE- that is my word of the year..just a little history, I love the radio station KLOVE and this year the morning show asked all of it's listeners to pick a word that was meaningful to them. Kind of like their "theme" of the year. Well I chose sacrifice. Sacrifice means offering simply put, but it can also mean so much more. There have been so many times in my life that I have made sacrifices for things but none compare what Jesus did. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for ME. Wow just think about that for a minute...even if you were the only person in the world he still would have died for you. My goal this year is to think about the word sacrifice when decisions have to be made. A short term loss for the greater gain.

     Right now I give up every weekend with my family to work. Now I know that some of you will think "that is crazy, you ONLY work 2 days". Yes, I only work 2 days but do you really know how much I miss? A day off with my husband, church, ballgames, birthday parties, weddings, family reunions and time with my siblings and parents. I did it so that I could stay home with my kids so they wouldn't have to go to daycare. I am so glad that I have had the time with them. Don't get me wrong I chose to work weekends and have loved every second of it but it was a sacrifice. Well, what now? I don't know. I have prayed about it and I know God has a plan. A plan that is best for my family, for me and for my patients. God has been so amazing to put people in my life at just the right time. I have worked with and met some amazing people. He reunited a childhood friendship of my husbands through me. I know he has worked through me to give comfort to families with sick babies. All of these things I know he can do again in a new job.

      I know this change may be the first of many sacrifices that God has for me this year. I'm sure I will make mistakes along the way. My prayer is that when he asks, I have the right answer!

1 comment:

  1. Great post....very well said, my friend. I am praying for you that when He opens the right door for you, you will know and be ready to walk through it.

    ReplyDelete