Monday, February 28, 2011

The last 2 weeks

     Wow! It has been almost 2 weeks since I posted anything...I do kind of have an excuse though. The week of Valentine's day all my family had the flu except me. Thank you lord that I didn't have it, I don't know how we would have survived. The kids and Saxon had fevers for a total of 11 days ranging from 101 to 104.7. Although 104.7 is extremely high about this time last year Eden had a fever of 106 which landed her a few days in the hospital. I was so glad we got to avoid that this year. I didn't sleep through the night any of those LONG days and nights, I was too busy passing out medication, taking people to the dr, giving people baths( my kids always throw up when they get high fevers) washing sheets and towels and wiping my whole house down with Clorox wipes. Here are a few pics of the kids when they didn't feel good..there little faces are so pitiful.

Our own pharmacy!

     We tried to celebrate Valentine's day with the kids (ok I did, Saxon layed on the couch). No one went to school so we had our own little party with treats and goodies from Grandma and Grandaddy! They were too sick to even enjoy the candy..

     Later that week Spencer and I went to register for Kindergarten. He went to the Dr and got all his shots and as soon as we got in the car he asked if I was taking him to big boy school now? Too cute. The day after we registered he went back to preschool. He again asked while getting in the car if we were taking him to Kindergarten. It may be a long wait for him until August...he asks everyday when he is going!

     All in the midst of everyone being sick I was going on job interviews and trying to figure out what we were going to do with the whole situation. I have been torn between the fact of going back to working during the week and putting the kids in daycare or just staying on the weekends. I know in the fall I want to go back to the weekday work force but was just not ready to give it up now. ACH has been going through some financial difficulties and are making some changes. I was unsure where I stood . We have prayed for countless hours for God to open the right door for me. I really wanted one job, but that door was closed  and it was hard for me. Well all turned out well, I was offered a position at ACH so I get to stay where I am and just work an extra shift on another unit once a week. I have worked with only babies for the last 4 years and now I get to go work with teenagers every week and it is going to be a new world. It is also a night shift position so that is going to be different too, it has been a long time since I worked all night. Prayers would be appreciated for adjustment into this new role! God has been amazing through this whole process, I have had stressful moments but he gave me a peace. I knew that He already knew the plan and that He would lead me through this...

     Last week we just tried to get things back to normal. Emma finally went back to school after missing an entire week and she had a TON of homework. Who knew that 1st graders did so much work on a daily basis. Softball practice is in full swing for her and she is loving it.  I am looking forward to seeing her play with a new team this year. It will be more challenging for her, but a great experience I hope. I actually get three weekends off in March and April so I will get to go to 2 tournaments that she is in. I am so excited about that. And I get to go to church with my family!! YAY that is a rare thing that I get to do.(one reason I want to quit working on weekends).

     Last but not least, last night I was just messing around, reading blogs trying to relax after a very stressful weekend at work when all of the sudden our house began to shake. I was totally unsure of what it was. I knew that thunderstorms were headed our may and I thought it might be a tornado. By the time I had reacted it was over. Turns out it was an earthquake. A 4.7 earthquake far from our home but we still felt it. The local news broke in the tv show and gave us an upadate. It was felt throughout the state. The more I thought about it I realized that I had experienced that same event just a few nights ago. Although it was much shorter and not as hard, our house did shake a little. I thought it was strong winds that night. I hope we are done with the quakes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment